Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Willowbend Quilts

I found a really cool company where you can order precision cut designs for wall hangings. The directions said they can also be used as quilts, but every part of the design much be top-stitched. Because I have a lot of “outdoors” men in my family, I decided to use the precision-cut designs into quilts – As you will see some of the areas were miniscule in size and it took many hours to stitch all of these areas, most of which I hand-turned the machine wheel to keep control .

 Believe me when I say I am not accepting any orders on these – the company I purchased them from stopped sending the border print with the design and I feel it really lacks something as a finished product and sometimes matching it is particularly difficult. The other think I learned is do not make these as soft-edge quilts. The patterns harden and sometimes split during washing so it isn’t a very practical quilt. Oh well, you live and you learn as they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment